Sustainable Connections / Smart Trips Employer Partner Program
Whatcom Smart Trips is a City of Bellingham, Whatcom County, Whatcom Transportation Authority (WTA), and Whatcom Council of Governments (WCOG) program that encourages people to make more of their trips by walking, bicycling, sharing rides and riding the bus.
Employers can play an important role by developing worksite transportation programs. The Smart Trips Employer Partner program supports employers who would like to promote Smart Trips at their worksites. Whatcom Smart Trips provides education, assistance and incentive programs to employees while providing the communication tools that employers need to tell employees about these programs.
FREE Employer partner communication tools include:
• Smart Trips brochures
• WTA materials
• Smart Trips online tracking tool
• EverybodyBIKE classes
• Turnkey EverybodyBIKE spring promotion
How would your organization benefit?
A worksite transportation program can help you:
• Recruit and retain skilled employees who live far from the worksite
• Create a supportive work environment and build good employee morale
• Optimize worksite parking
• Maintain good relations with business and residential neighbors
Smart Trips Icon
The Smart Trips Transportation Icon will be awarded to all Sustainable Connection member companies who have 25% of their employees registered with Smart Trips. Icons will be in the Member Directory (used FIRST by more than 600 local businesses and their employees), and if relevant on your coupon in the Where the Locals Go coupon book (a best-seller at Village Books!)
How to sign up:
1. Identify a work site transportation coordinator (could be the same internal champion leading other sustainability initiatives at your workplace). Very little time investment is required, since all materials are turnkey and easy to use. An ideal worksite transportation coordinator is someone who is enthusiastic about the program and familiar with company information distribution methods. This person will be the contact for Sustainable Connections. They will be invited to attend transportation workshops and will relay emails and messages to all your employees. They will organize the spring EverybodyBIKE promotion and inform new hires of the program.
3. Attend a workshop with a Smart Trips coordinator to walk through the program and receive your program materials. These are held 3x/year at the Sustainable Connections office.
The next workshop is TBD
4. Keep current and engaged in the program by participating in Smart Trips promotions and employee classes – you’ll receive occasional e-mail notification.