Toward Zero Waste
FACT: An 80% reduction in waste from your home or business can be relatively easy and even profitable.
Thank you for your interest in Sustainable Connections’ Toward Zero Waste (TZW) campaign. By signing your business up as a participant today, you are joining over 300 other locally owned, independent businesses that have made significant commitments to reduce waste associated with their activities. Together we are moving this community Toward Zero Waste!
What’s the big idea?
With your leadership, we aim to reduce the amount of waste going to the landfill, increase reuse and recycling of existing resources, and increase purchasing of recycled and environmentally preferable products.
How does it work?
You commit to at least a 50% reduction of waste in your business, and we support you with free technical assistance and promotional materials to help you achieve your goals.
WHOA – a 50% reduction? That sounds like a lot.
We’ve asked the hard questions of industry and business leaders in waste reduction, and according to our local experts, an 80% reduction in waste from your business can be relatively easy and even profitable!
We do BIG THINGS TOGETHER, and our next goal is to move our community Toward Zero Waste!
- FIRST, download the Toward Zero Waste education kit This kit includes:
1) a sample manual for how-to reduce waste at your business
2) a service provider quick guide
3) case studies of successful local TZW businesses
4) Construction Recycling Toolkit
5) Planning Guide to Zero Waste Events
6) Download Sanitary Service Event Services Toolkit
7) TZW posters: Compostables, Recycling & Landfill
- Officially sign your business up by emailing Mark@sconnect.org with confirmation of your commitment to at least a 50% waste reduction. You will receive a response email with TZW logos attached for you to begin using in your marketing and communications. Once you’ve done this…
- Recruit an internal Champion to lead the efforts at your business. Then...
- Contact Rodd Pemble, Recycling Manager at Sanitary Service Company, to schedule your baseline assessment and waste audit to help track your progress; firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-734-3490.
- By signing up for the campaign you are promoting your company's commitment to reducing waste in our community. We’ll send you a packet of promotional materials including posters, decals, stickers and logos for you to use on your website, business cards, at point of sale, through your customer newsletters, in your ads....
- Sustainable Connections will also be promoting your actions to potential customers by including a TZW icon on your Sustainable Connections Directory listing. Use this sample press release & background information to promote your efforts to the media too!
- Attend a Toward Zero Waste program for further education. Get questions answered and learn more from industry leaders and your peers!
- Share your waste reduction goals, progress, achievements and barriers. We’ll be asking you to respond to Sustainable Connections online surveys, and/or to allow SSC to report your measurable progress directly to us so we can help share your success to other businesses in the community.
Many thanks to our Campaign Sponsors!