Meet your farmer, chef, grocer, fisher
Join us for a month-long journey. Connect your taste buds with community, and experience both the joy and purpose of eating local. Be sure to follow Eat Local First NW on Facebook and Instagram to stay in the loop on over $2000 worth of prize giveaways, and special promotions this September.
Meet Your Farmer
Sept. 1-7 Farm Week: Learn about local agriculture and enjoy farm activities like:
- Visiting a local Farm Stand
- Subscribing to a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
- U-pick apples and pumpkin patches
- Learn more about a local Market Farm
- Bike NW Edible Everson Bike Tour
- A virtual event celebrating the launch a new picture book, Tomatoes for Neela! organized by Village Books, Bellingham Public Library, and Common Threads
Get to know your local farmers markets and grocers
Sept. 8-14 Market Week: Farmers markets are bountiful at the end of summer, and well into the fall – come enjoy, and support your local market vendors!
Meet Local Chefs and Restaurateurs
Sept. 22-29 Restaurant Week: Local restaurants will feature menu specials comprised of 50% or more local ingredients.
BRING HOME THE FLAVORS OF NORTHWEST WASHINGTON, AND GET A TASTE OF WHAT GROWS HERE!
Thank you to our partner farmers markets for providing some fun, tasty ways to enjoy produce and products you can get at your local farmers market! With the help of some local markets, we’ve got some delicious local recipes for you to try at home!