The Energy Efficiency and Renewables Program works to facilitate a local economy powered by the efficient use of clean, renewable and secure energy. We do so through education about our community’s opportunities to succeed, promoting our clean energy leaders, and connecting our members to the resources that they need to become successful leaders.
Find out more about:
The Community Energy Challenge makes achieving energy efficiency as easy as possible from start to finish. We provide each participating household and business with quality information, a full energy assessment, a customized energy action plan detailing cost-effective measures, assistance with utility and tax rebates, reliable contractors, and quality assurance.
Solarize Whatcom is a community solar purchasing program that offers the best value for homeowners and businesses for headache-free solar installations on their homes, businesses, or multifamily units. Register for a workshop today to take advantage of this special opportunity and have your investment help the Bellingham Food Bank!
High-performance homebuilders and homeowners interested in deep energy savings may be eligible to take part in a pilot program that offers funding, technical assistance and marketing support to help achieve better home performance. This new program aims to identify and understand the most cost-effective ways to achieve maximum energy savings in residential retrofit construction.
The Green Power Community Challenge was a collaboration between Sustainable Connections, Puget Sound Energy and the City of Bellingham.
Sustainable Connections Board of Directors has endorsed the Washington Business Climate Declaration. Northwest Business for Climate Action (NWBCA) is leading an effort in Washington to illustrate the state business community’s strong support for taking action to address global warming.
Community Energy Challenge Partners
Sustainable Connections Energy Program Business Sponsors:
- Please visit our Green Power Businesses Page to view Sustainable Connections member businesses that currently purchase Green Power, or to sign up your business.
- The City of Bellingham’s Climate Protection Program
- The Building Performance Center’s Weatherization Program
- Puget Sound Energy’s conservation and rebate programs for businesses
- Cascade Natural Gas’ conservation and rebate programs for businesses: Download information on their commercial conservation incentives and residential conservation incentives or download their program brochure.
Learn more about Whatcom County's very own renewable energy source, a methane digester at VanderHaak Dairy, in Lynden, WA.
- Real estate education courses focused on the value and marketing advantage of energy efficient and green built homes.
For more information, contact us at (360) 647-7093.