Sustainable Connections is working to transform and model a string long economy built on sustainable business practice. In support of our business members we ask our community to. . .Think Local, Buy Local and Be Local First!
We meet businesses where they're at!
You decide what membership rate suits your business best. We base our Member rates on annual revenue so that all entrepreneurs of any size or industry can join, reap the benefits of our network and help us work towards a thriving local economy together.
- Business with annual revenue under $50,000
- Business with annual revenue $50,000 to $250,000
- Business with annual revenue $250,000 to $500,000
- Business with annual revenue $500,000 to $1 million
- Business with annual revenue over $1 million
$1,200 — 12 months
- Organization with annual operational budget under $50,000
- Organization with annual operational budget $50,000 to $250,000
- Organization with annual operational budget $250,000 to $500,000
- Organization with annual operational budget $500,000 to $1 million
- Organization with annual operational budget over $1 million
For businesses in Whatcom County that do not otherwise fit our Business Member Criteria but still seek to be involved with Sustainable Connections and other local businesses. Learn more here.
- Businesses/Organizations with 1 to 24 Full Time Employees
$125— 12 months
- Businesses/Organizations with 25 to 100 Full Time Employees
$550 —12 months
- Businesses/Organizations with 100+ Full Time Employees
$1100 —12 months
NOTE—as of July 1st, 2016 our member and partnership rates increased.
After three years of bringing you the best service we can at the lowest prices, we have found it’s time for a price increase. We hope you're ready to grow with us!
Can I Become a Member?
To be eligible for Business Membership you need to be able to answer "yes" to the following questions:
Is your business privately held? (intent)
Local ownership 50% or more? (intent)
Is your business registered in the state of Washington, with no outside of Whatcom or neighboring counties, corporate or national headquarters? (intent)
Do you have full autonomy to make your own independent decisions regarding your unique business and it’s purchasing, operations and distribution, as well as the name and look of your business? (intent)
Do you pay all your own marketing, rent and other business expenses without assistance from, or payment to, a corporate headquarters? (intent)
If you answered "No" to any of the above questions, we encourage your involvement as a Partner of Sustainable Connections.
For us “local” means Whatcom, Skagit, Sam Juan or Island county based. We welcome other companies and national businesses as Partners, but we do not promote them in our Think Local First campaign because we feel that these bigger businesses have the purchasing power and marketing resources to be more competitive against global chains that independent, local businesses do not.
We’re happy to discuss any of our membership criteria on a case-by-case basis, email membership(a)sustainableconnections.org if you have questions!