Strengthen Your Business and Connect with Other Local Business Owners
- Networking events and educational meetings
- Member-to-member email announcements every other week, and an opportunity to place your own announcements
- Member-to-member discounts between member businesses
- Annual All Members Meeting
- Access to other independent businesses through the national BALLE (Business Alliance for Local Living Economies) Networks, www.livingeconomies.org
Marketing and Promotion
- FREE Think-Buy-Be local campaign materials, and free listings in semi-annual newspaper inserts: Guides to our Local Businesses
- Free listing in our online Member Directory with link to your website (find resources and promote your business to local customers and other independent businesses)
- Use of the Sustainable Connections name and logo for your business cards, shelf tags, advertisements, website, and fleet vehicles.
- Sustainable Connections Member Window Decal - displayed by members to publicly emphasize the importance of supporting businesses that make commitments to support our community
- An opportunity to be profiled through our campaigns and Sustainable Business Development promotions
Educational Materials and Opportunities
- Access to programs to help you become more sustainable in your business practices like Green Power, Toward Zero Waste, Smart Trips, Community Energy Challenge, etc.
- Tips on protecting our watershed through the Watershed Pledge
- Discounts on events including Green Building, Food & Farming, Energy and sustainable economy workshops
- Organizational Newsletters
Opportunities to Strengthen Our Community
- Educate our community about the importance of supporting locally owned businesses and the stewards of our region.
- Teach and learn from a community of like-minded local business owners who share your challenges and your vision!
- Advocate for policies that support independent local businesses and farms, promote economic equity, and protect the environment
- Discounted participation in all events and initiatives including: Green Building and Smart Growth, Food and Farming, Sustainable Business Development, and the Think Local, Buy Local, Be Local campaign.
For this higher rate of business membership, Sustaining Members are promoted (and thanked!) in our directories, newsletters, website, and at all our general member events. Additionally, you receive 1 free entry to any workshop and a special invite to our 'Thousands of Thanks' celebration for members who have given $1200 or more to Sustainable Connections. Finally, Sustaining Members have the satisfaction of knowing how much they have contributed to the development of this important organization and all its efforts.
Businesses that are committed to the quality of life in our region with ownership outside of Whatcom County are welcomed to join Sustainable Connections as Partners. Partners receive all of the educational and networking benefits listed above with the exception of marketing support and are listed in our Partner directory.
Community members and their families who want to support the work of Sustainable Connections and keep abreast of what's happening can join us in a Supporter capacity. Supporters receive newsletters and, upon request, can receive e-mailed announcements and invitations to events and programs.
New 'member benefits' are developed all the time! All our programs started because a member had an idea and the commitment to make it happen - what's next?
Make the Connection! Become a Member...