Welcome to the NW Washington, Think Local - Buy Local - BE Local campaign.
Sustainable Connections supports our members in their efforts to be stewards of our region and in turn, we ask our community to be supportive of our local, independently owned businesses. This program enhances the livability of our community, the stability and diversity of the local economy, and the retention and expansion of independent, NW Washington owned businesses through increasing awareness about the personal, community, and economic benefits of choosing local first. The program launched fall 2003 and today there are few locals who do not recognize the Think Local - Buy Local - Be Local logo!
- An Independent study, shows that 69% of Bellingham residents are familiar with the Think Local First program, and 3 in 5 local households have changed their purchasing behavior to Think Local First!
- Civic Economics' Indie City Index study finds Bellingham #2 in the nation for vitality of small, locally owned retail businesses. Also finds that cities with Think Local First campaigns rank higher than those without.
- Search for products or services from local Sustainable Connections businesses, and pick up a copy of the 'Where the Locals Go!' coupon book to save on experiences and unique offerings that our locals have to offer.
- Are you the owner of a NW Washington independent business? Become a Sustainable Connections member and receive campaign materials today! Visit Frequently Asked Questions.
- Starting or managing your own campaign in your community? Read more about what we did in beginning years: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007
Questions? See the categories on the right or contact mgrandy @sconnect.org
Join us in thanking the following businesses and organizations. They have contributed the resources that make this program possible.
Our Campaign Under-writer: The City of Bellingham
Our Campaign Sponsors... are prominent local businesses, founded and grown right here in NW Washington. Their funds ensure that we can include every interested local, independently owned business
Our campaign Co-Sponsors include:
Our campaign Supporting Sponsors include: