Managing Health Care Expenses in Retirement: What Baby Boomers Need to Know about Medicare and Long-Term Care
Presented by Rick Steele and Miranda Petersen
Rachel Wallace, Medicare specialist from Rice Insurance, will also be available for Q&A
Enrolling for Medicare on time is critical to avoid late-enrollment penalties and to make sure that your health care expenses can be covered by insurance. Rising health care costs and the potential need for long-term care require careful planning to make sure you are able to afford the care you need in retirement.
To help baby boomers better understand Medicare, this workshop will cover:
- Who needs to enroll in Medicare and when?
- How do you enroll in Medicare?
- How much does Medicare cost?
- What does Medicare NOT cover?
- How does private insurance work with Medicare?
- How to plan for health care expenses in the future