Food & Farming Program
The Food & Farming program supports new farmers, connects eaters and food buyers to local farms and fishers and is a resource for building a vibrant local food economy.
Watch our film about Eating Local First, HERE, made for us by
- Eat Local First Campaign Look for this label at grocery stores, restaurants and farm stands and know it comes from here: Whatcom, Skagit, Island or San Juan Counties. See participating businesses here!
- Whatcom Food & Farm Finder & Culinary Agritourism Map
The comprehensive map & guide to local farms & food businesses for everyone near and far to enjoy
- Why Eat Local? Fresh flavors, supports our community & more!
- Find Local Foods A handy list of resources to make eating local fun & delicious
Events celebrating local food
- September Eat Local Month A flavorful and festive celebration of local food & farms
- Whatcom County Farm Tour Free & self-guided farm tour, always the second Saturday in September
- Demo Days a fun collaboration between The Bellingham Farmers Market & our Eat Local First Campaign. Cooking fresh seasonal produce right in the market and helping the public learn how to use local vegetables.
- Eat Local For the Holidays Take the pledge each year, and participate by getting your gifts locally.
Creating strong business relationships
- Farm-to-Table Trade Meeting A day long conference each winter and a prime opportunity for local farms & food businesses to connect and learn
- Chefs Collaborative Chefs & food artisans supporting local
- Chef Farm Tours Chef/buyer farm tours, farm walks and workshops throughout the year.
- Farm Fresh Workplaces We connect businesses with farmers and resources to set up weekly farm deliveries (CSAs) to their workplace
- Whatcom Farmers' list-serv An email listserv for farmers to connect, share needs/offerings, events and more
Growing a sustainable, thriving food system
- Food to Bank On A beginning farmer business training project, connecting new farms with markets, farmer mentors, and fresh food deliveries to local food banks & shelters
- Collaboration We work with the partners in the farming & food community by hosting group efforts, facilitating meetings, events and projects.
- Read about local farms, local food business, and related food system issues or trends in the media to keep everyone in the local food loop!
Good Food IS Good Business!
Many thanks to our 2014 Program Sponsors and Funders who help ensure the Food & Farming Program continues!