Food & Farming Program
The Food & Farming program supports new farmers, connects eaters and food buyers to local farms and fishers and is a resource for building a sustainable local food economy.
Providing resources to eat locally
- Eat Local First Campaign Connecting farmers with more local market support and eaters with more local food. See the list of participating businesses
- The Whatcom Food & Farm Finder Comprehensive map & guide of local farms and food businesses. Click to view online PDF map.
- September Eat Local Month A flavorful and festive celebration of local food
- Whatcom County Farm Tour Free and family friendly self-guided farm tour, always set the second Saturday in September
- Food & Farming E-News Our "all things local food" monthly e-newsletter. Sign up by clicking the box in the right-hand tool bar below
- Find Local Foods A resource list to get more local foods on your plate
Creating strong business relationships
- Farm to Table Trade Meeting and Farm Tours We co-host the annual NW Washington Farm to Table Trade Meeting as well as Chef/buyer farm tours, farm walks and workshops throughout the year
- Workplace CSAs We provide businesses with resources to set up weekly CSA deliveries to their workplace
- Resource library, other Resources for Local Producers, and the Whatcom Farmers' list-serv all offer opportunities to share information and learn from others.
Growing a sustainable, resilient food system
- Food to Bank On A beginning farmer business training project, connecting new farms with markets and mentorship
- Collaboration and coordination We work with the
greater farming & food community, and also facilitate meetings and host group efforts. Click to see a list of our core collaborators.
- Extensive communications, marketing and media about local farms, local food business, and related food system issues or trends keep everyone in the local food loop!
Good Food IS Good Business!
Many thanks to our 2013 Program Sponsors and Funders who help ensure the Food & Farming Program continues!
Limited space available for 2013 program and Whatcom County Farm Tour sponsors! Contact Derek Long at (360) 647-7093 x101 or email@example.com