Find Local Foods
RESOURCES to help you find local food!
- Whatcom Food & Farm Finder The comprehensive guide to local Farms & Food. Click to view the PDF online.
- Eat Local First E-news Our once-a-month e-newsletter full of fresh information, events, recipe ideas and ways to get involved. Sign up on the bottom right panel below.
- NEW Local Itineraries Check out these fabulous itineraries for a Bellingham Urban Eats Tour and Fall Farm Tour, great for passing along for a fun-filled day in the city or county.
- Access to Healthy Food List Comprehensive list of tools to connect with local food
- Grow Northwest Magazine Bi-monthly mag full of food, farms, simpler living and edible community events.
- Whatcom Locavore Blog Information, resources and ideas for eating food locally produced in Whatcom County.
- Puget Sound Farm Guide Find farms in neighboring counties and get connected all across our bountiful region.
- Localharvest.org Eat Local First on the road! Look up farms, grocery stores, farmers markets and more all across the country.
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
Purchase a CSA and receive a weekly subscription box full of fresh local
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture and is an arrangement between farmers and the customer, who purchases a membership or subscription to a local farm. In return, the farm delivers a weekly “share” of the farm harvest.
- 2013 CSA Farm List - Compiled in partnership with the Community Food Co-op, also available at communityfood.coop
- Workplace CSAs - Get a CSA delivered to your workplace. It's super convenient and fun to share recipe ideas around the office.
Co-ops & Grocers
Many grocers throughout our region have demonstrated a commitment to selling local foods, supporting local farmers, local food initiatives and communities.
Look for the Eat Local First label when shopping the Community Food Co-op, Terra Organica, The Markets, Crossroad Grocery and coming soon in more stores, too.
Farmers Markets are a fantastic place to pick up a bounty of locally grown and produced goods. With everything from produce and meats, to honey flowers, teas, to ready-to-eat foods from local restaurants and food vendors, the Farmers Markets are not to miss!
Restaurants & Retailers
Chefs, restaurants, caterers, cafes and food entrepreneurs play a big role in our food system when they have direct relationships with farmers and fishers - they help make our food economy stronger.
HERE for the list of Eat Local First campaign participating businesses who have taken the Eat Local First pledge, to shift their food budgets by 10% each year to more local food.
Food Buying Clubs & Delivery Services
- Dandelion Organic Delivery - Seasonal and organic produce delivery service to your home or office.
- Acme Farm + Kitchen - A CSA style farm, consolidation and delivery service with all sorts of local foods available.
Eat Local Events
- September Eat Local Month A flavorful and festive celebration of local food and farms with events, featured restaurants, prizes all month long!
- Whatcom County Farm Tour Always the 2nd Saturday in September, it's a fantastic, free and family friendly self-guided farm tour
- Eat Local for the Holidays Commit to bringing more local food to your holiday table for a delicious and locally-inspired meal.
- Holiday recipes Two sets of recipes for a vegetarian and a poultry-centered holiday meal from the Bellingham Farmers Market.
- Holiday appetizers From the Whatcom Locavore blog, some great ideas for local starters
- Eat Local for Thanksgiving Take the pledge to buy at least one ingredient for your Thanksgiving locally and use these scrumptious recipes
As Northwest Washington’s food system grows, we’ll continue to provide
sources for local food. Please check back often.