Sustainable Business Development
We come from the perspective that we’re all on a journey towards greater sustainability. Businesses that join Sustainable Connections are interested in learning more and we aim to support their sustainability goals. In fact our model at Sustainable Connections is based on reciprocity -- we support local businesses in their stewardship of this community, and in turn, we ask the community to support them.
- Online Resource Center: An up-to-date hub of sustainable business practice tips and resources.
- Business Audits: We recommend the B-Corporation Survey as an annual (free) personalized audit of sustainable business practices. B-Corp also offers a Quick Impact Assessment for small businesses that want to measure what matters.
- Educational Workshops: See our online event calendar to learn about quarterly workshops in sustainable business practices and our campaigns.
Market DevelopmentSustainable Business Practices: We engage members with timely campaigns on important and relevant topics, providing detailed ‘how-to’ information and significant promotions to potential customers. By working together we make a big impact!
- Toward Zero Waste
- Workplace CSAs
- Community Energy Challenge
- Green Power Community Challenge
- Whatcom Watershed Business Pledge
- SmartTrips Employer Partner Program