Sustainable Business Development
We come from the perspective that we’re all on a journey to sustainability. Businesses that join Sustainable Connections are interested in learning more and we aim to support their sustainability goals. In fact our model at Sustainable Connections is based on reciprocity -- we support local businesses in their stewardship of this community, and in turn, we ask the community to support them.
- Online Resource Center: An up-to-date hub of sustainable business practice tips and resources.
- Business Audits: We recommend the B-Corporation Survey as an annual (free) personalized audit of sustainable business practices. Also, we like this audit that ShoreBank Pacific uses to measure and track the sustainability of the businesses they lend to.
- Educational Workshops: See our online event calendar to learn about quarterly workshops in sustainable business practices and our campaigns.
- The Future of Business: This year's conference will open on Thursday, April 26th with opening keynote and reception with the full day conference on April 27th.
- All Members Meeting & Holiday Party
- Bi-monthly New Member Orientations
- Monthly Member Luncheons: first Thursdays at the Sustainable Connections office, from noon-1pm with a different topic each month.
- Member Directory: Search our online directory for locally-owned member businesses and our Partners directory for other Whatcom County businesses committed to our community for your product and service needs. We frequently receive calls from the community giving us the chance to provide referrals to our locals!
- Peer Mentoring: We know that for small business owners it can be challenging to do everything yourself. Available upon request, we will put together a group of your peers to help you think through a business challenge or opportunity.
Questions or ideas? Contact email@example.com
- Promotion: We promote leadership businesses as models through our local media outreach, promotions, peer connections, and more. Submit an announcement for our bi-weekly member news to April@Sconnect.org. Doing something pioneering for a sustainable community and economy? Contact Mariah@sconnect.org – we may want to feature you in one of our media promotions or case studies.
- Campaigns: We engage members with timely campaigns on important and relevant topics, providing detailed ‘how-to’ information and significant promotions to potential customers. By working together we make a big impact!
Special thanks to the Russell Family Foundation for their generous support in pursuit of sustainable business practices.