Business Member Benefits
We connect businesses to one another
- Business Over Breakfast morning networking & local business expert presentation
- 1st Wednesday 8-9:15am, September-November
- Let’s Do Lunch mid-day networking & local business expert presentation
- 1st Wednesday 12-1:15pm, March-May
we promote local businesses
Online listing in Local Business Directory
Includes a brief description of your business, your logo, your sales methods and links to your web page, Facebook, Chinook Book coupon and Instagram
Use of the Sustainable Connections name and logo
for your business cards, shelf tags, advertisements, website, and fleet vehicles. Tout your involvement with our organization and methods to your customers, partners and clients
Be the first to know about Events & Publications
Members receive free or discounted participation in the following, each year
Publications & Mobile App
- Member Pricing for listing and advertising in the Whatcom Food & Farm Finder, Culinary Agritourism Maps, and Wholesale Product Directory
- Eligibility for Home, Office & Garden related businesses to be included in Home & Landscape Tour Directory. Member Pricing for advertising in Guide.
- Member Pricing to list an offer, advertise and reward customers in the Chinook Book Mobile App
- Eligibility for Retail related businesses to be included in Local Gift Guide during Holidays
- Free participation in Indie Month Promotions during July
- Free participation in Buy Local for Holidays promotions during November-December
- Eligibility for Eat Local Month and Whatcom County Farm Tour participation during September
- Eligibility for Site hosting, and tabling on the Home & Landscape Tour
Stay In The Loop with the Member Lowdown Newsletter
Sent out the 2nd Monday of each month to Sustainable Connections business members and employees so you know what’s happening, what’s coming up and how to make the most of your membership.
Email email@example.com if you want to update your preferences.
Submit your events and announcements in monthly Program Newsletters
Sent out to eager readers the 1st full week of each month. To submit an event or announcement email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eat Local First: Stay connected from farm to fork with our Eat Local First newsletter. You’ll find farmer and local food business stories, what’s in season, fun food happenings and events, how to eat like a local, and the latest and greatest in local food news.
- Green Building & Smart Growth: Whatcom County is at the forefront of cutting-edge sustainable design and building efforts; this newsletter will keep you informed on networking, learning, and training opportunities to help you keep pushing the (building) envelope in this exciting field.
- Sustainable Business Practices: Primarily aimed at businesses looking to be sure their business walks the talk, this newsletter includes insightful info on things such as Toward Zero Waste, sustainability reporting, and being a truly Triple Bottom Line business.
- Live Local News: For all those who want to Think, Buy, and Be Local; this newsletter will keep you in the know so you can be a full-time local lover. With the latest local business news, sales, events, and info you’ll always be in the loop.
- Energy Efficiency & Renewables (quarterly): Sign up for this newsletter to receive updates about the Community Energy Challenge, energy-saving tips, energy policy updates, and energy-related news
We educate businesses on triple bottom line practices
A triple bottom line broadens the focus on the financial bottom line for a businesses. It measures a company’s degree of social responsibility, its economic value, and its environmental impact.
Solid waste represents wasted resource, energy, and money. Over 450 businesses are making meaningful progress toward achieving their waste reduction goals and have realized financial savings as a result of engaging in the campaign in addition to making a positive change for our community and the environment.
A collective marketing campaign that promotes local food. Collective marketing campaigns leverage the power of multiple businesses and stakeholders to create an environment that encourages and reinforces key messages throughout the community.
This project makes achieving energy efficiency as easy as possible from start to finish. We provide each participating household or business with quality information, a full energy assessment, a customized energy action plan detailing cost-effective measures, assistance with utility and tax rebates, reliable contractors, and quality assurance.
This campaign makes it easy to find what you need locally, celebrate the place we live, and put what matters most first. Keep your dollars where your heart lives, support your community, and build an economy that works for everyone by choosing local first. Your business can participate during Indie Month in July, in November & December with our Buy Local for the Holidays promotions. Receive free Think Local marketing materials to let your customers know you’re locally owned year round.