WE CREATE THRIVING COMMUNITIES THROUGH INNOVATIVE IDEAS, COLLABORATION, AND ACTION.
We promote local businesses to our community
Be seen by customers who value locally owned businesses
Our directory listings boost your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and direct traffic to your website and social media pages.
Sustainable Connections logo & decal
Proudly promote your community values to your customers using our logo and Think Local First decal!
MONThLY NEWSLETTERS & Social Media
We connect the community to the pulse of local businesses through our digital newsletters and social media following.
Events Board & Jobs Board
We advertise your events and job openings to the community when you submit to our online event and job boards!
Be Featured in our Events & Publications
Members receive FREE, or discounted, participation in the following each year:
- Local Gift Guide, November-December (FREE listing for members)
- Food & Farm Finder, Agritourism Map, and Wholesale Product Directory, all year (discounted listings and advertising for members)
- Eat Local Month Guide, September (discounted listings and advertising for members)
- Green Home Tour Guide, May-June (discounted listings and advertising for members)
- Indie Month promotions, July (FREE participation for members)
- Buy Local for Holidays promotions, November-December (FREE participation for members)
- Eat Local Month featured restaurants & local grocers, throughout September (FREE participation for members)
- Whatcom County Farm Tour, first weekend in September (discounted participation for members)
- Green Home Tour, June (discounted participation for members)
We assist businesses with sustainability practices
Show your customers that you value sustainability
We connect businesses to community
FREE Networking events and workshops for members
Business Over Breakfast
1ST WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER-NOVEMBER
Morning networking & local business expert presentation.
Energy Efficiency Club
EVERY OTHER MONTH
A quick and casual meetup for energy efficiency in the workplace.
Let's Do Lunch
Mid-day networking & local business expert presentation.
Green Building Nerds
Join your building peers, bring your plans, and NERD OUT on green building and smart growth.