We meet businesses where they’re at!
You decide what membership rate suits your business best. We base our member rates on annual revenue so that entrepreneurs of any size or industry can join, reap the benefits of our network, and help us work towards a thriving local economy together.
Download our Member Benefits as a .PDF
Or click through the slides to your left to see all that we can offer your business
Network + Connect
- Spring ‘Let’s Do Lunch’ Series on the 1st Wednesdays 8am-9:15pm in March, April, & May.
Features 1/2 speed networking & 1/2 educational presentations
- Fall Business Over Breakfast Series The 1st Wednesday 12-1:15pm of September, October, & November.
Features 1/2 speed networking & 1/2 educational presentationsPop Up Happy Hours & Business Mobs
- Annual All Members Meeting & Sustainability Champion Awards Ceremony in February
- Member Lowdown email newsletter on the 2nd Monday of the month
an opportunity to promote your biz to other business members and learn about upcoming opportunities!
Marketing + Promotions
- Free listing and logo exposure in our Online Business Directory
- Use of the Sustainable Connections name and logo for your business cards, shelf tags, advertisements, website, and fleet vehicles. Being apart of a network of like-minded businesses is valuable!
- Inclusion and discounted rates for printed and distributed Publications
- ‘Where the Locals Go’ Coupon Book transitioning into Mobile App powered by Chinook Book in 2017!
- List & Advertise Whatcom Food & Farm Finder + Culinary Agritourism Maps
- List & Advertise Home & Landscape Tour distributed in June
- Participate & Advertise Eat Local Month Guides distributed in September and many more throughout the year.
- Free or discounted Registration or Participation in Workshops, Conferences & Events; Farm To Table Trade Meeting, CSA Sign Up Help, Home & Landscape Tour, Towards Zero Waste Workshops, Eat Local Month, Whatcom County Farm Tour, and many more!
- Sustainable Connections monthly Program newsletters to targeted audiences depending on your industry and reach
Sustainable Business Practices We can help your business and your employees be more sustainable, save money, reduce impact, and draw customers!
- Toward Zero Waste
Reduce landfill waste, while increasing re-use, recycling, and purchasing of environmentally preferable products. Learn more about education, promotion materials, and how to get a FREE waste audit.
- Community Energy Challenge
Improve energy efficiency in your business and employees homes with this program that provides a detailed report of energy use, full assessment, facility action plan, assistance with rebates, financing options, and quarterly progress updates.
- Eat Local First & Farm Fresh Workplaces
Food buying businesses can take the Eat Local First Pledge to purchase more of their food from local farmers and producers. Resources, assistance, and promotions included! And all businesses and their employees can have fresh, nutritious food delivered right to their workplace spring-fall by signing up for a Workplace Community Supported Agriculture share.
- The Quick Impact Assessment is a FREE online tool that helps businesses refine their sustainability efforts. This assessment provides a baseline and direction for how you can improve your business’ impact in the future.
Business Member Options
Based on your annual revenue
Under $50,000 $190—12 months
$50,000 – $250,000 $275—12 months
$250,000 – $500,000 $385—12 months
$500,000 – $1 million $495—12 months
Over $1 million $595—12 months
$1,200 (or $100/month—12 months)
For a higher rate of business membership, Sustaining Members are thoroughly promoted and thanked!
Based on your annual operating budget:
Under $50,000 $150—12 months
$50,000 – $250,000 $220—12 months
$250,000 – $500,000 $310—12 months
$500,000 – $1 million $400—12 months
Over $1 million $475—12 months
We welcome businesses that are not locally owned as Business Partners, but do not promote them in our Think Local First campaign due to the purchasing power and marketing resources that are typically available to larger businesses. Partner Businesses receive all member benefits except those that apply to the Think Local First Campaign. Please email us to get started!
1 to 24 Full Time Employees $125—12 months
25 to 100 Full Time Employees $550—12 months
100+ Full Time Employees $1100—12 months
Annual business membership is available to you, if you can answer “Yes” to all of the following questions:
- Is your business privately held?
- Does 50% or more of your ownership live in Whatcom County (or surrounding counties)?
- Is your business registered in the state of Washington, and does your corporate or national headquarters lie inside Whatcom, Skagit, San Juan or Island Counties?
- Do you have full autonomy to make your own independent decisions regarding your unique business and it’s purchasing, operations and distribution, as well as the name and look of your business?
- Do you pay all your own marketing, rent and other business expenses without assistance from, or payment to, a corporate headquarters?
If you answered “No” to any of the above questions, you’d probably best fit as a Partner of Sustainable Connections.
Fill in this form below to get started and let us know a little bit about your business. Once you hit submit it will take you to an online payment page where you can pay with a visa, master or discover credit card. Or simply skip that step and we’ll know to send you an invoice with your New Member Packet in the mail asap.
Check your inbox shortly after joining for a ‘Welcome to Sustainable Connections’ email that will fill you in on the next steps to making the most of your membership. We can’t wait to get to work with you more soon.