We celebrate local and independent businesses and ask our community to support them because they create a ripple effect of good for our community — high-quality jobs, uniqueness of place, reduced environmental impact, and so much more.
You decide where your business fits best
Our member rates are based on annual revenue so we can work with local (Whatcom, Skagit, San Juan or Island County) businesses in all industries and sizes.
Based on your annual revenue
Under $50,000 $190—12 months
$50,000 – $250,000 $275—12 months
$250,000 – $500,000 $385—12 months
$500,000 – $1 million $495—12 months
Over $1 million $595—12 months
$1,200 (or $100/month—12 months)
Sustaining Members, receive extra benefits on top of all of the general member benefits, including;
- Extra exposure in our Online Business directory and on the sustainableconnections.org homepage.
- Logo exposure on signage at all member events throughout the year.
Including; Business Over Breakfast, Let’s Do Lunch, Sustainability Champion Awards and more.
- An exclusive invite to our ‘Thousands of Thanks’ celebration for members who have given $1200 or more to Sustainable Connections.
- The satisfaction of knowing how much they have contributed to Sustainable Connections work in our community
Based on your annual operating budget:
Under $50,000 $150—12 months
$50,000 – $250,000 $220—12 months
$250,000 – $500,000 $310—12 months
$500,000 – $1 million $400—12 months
Over $1 million $475—12 months
We welcome businesses that are not locally owned as Business Partners. Partner Businesses receive all member benefits except for the Think Local First Campaign. Click Here To Get Started!
1 to 24 Full Time Employees $125—12 months
25 to 100 Full Time Employees $550—12 months
100+ Full Time Employees $1100—12 months
Annual business membership is available to you, if you can answer “Yes” to all of the following questions:
- Is your business privately held?
- Does 50% or more of your ownership live in Whatcom County (or surrounding counties)?
- Is your business registered in the state of Washington, and does your corporate or national headquarters lie inside Whatcom, Skagit, San Juan or Island Counties?
- Do you have full autonomy to make your own independent decisions regarding your unique business and it’s purchasing, operations and distribution, as well as the name and look of your business?
- Do you pay all your own marketing, rent and other business expenses without assistance from, or payment to, a corporate headquarters?
If you answered “No” to any of the above questions, you’d probably best fit as a Partner of Sustainable Connections.
Fill in this form below to get started and let us know a little bit about your business. Once you hit submit it will take you to an online payment page where you can pay with a visa, master or discover credit card. Or simply skip that step and we’ll know to send you an invoice with your New Member Packet in the mail asap.
Check your inbox shortly after joining for a ‘Welcome to Sustainable Connections’ email that will fill you in on the next steps to making the most of your membership. We can’t wait to get to work with you more soon.