Come for the networking, leave with experience!
Wednesday, October 2nd
Sustainable Connections event room
1701 Ellis St. Ste 221, Bellingham, WA 98225
This series takes place the first Wednesday of each month, September-November. After guided speed networking, you’ll hear from local business owners and experts on relevant topics to utilize in your everyday work. A light, local breakfast will be provided by Trove Coffee, along with coffee and Flying Bird Botanicals tea. This networking is FREE for members, and just $10 for non-members. Doors open at 7:50am.
For this month’s topic…
Learn from leaders in the accessibility movement about how to incorporate accessibility into sustainable business practices. At this breakfast, you’ll meet the members of AbiliTrek, become familiar with their mission, and learn about their Accessibility Certification Program (ACP). Join us to create a more accessible community.
Register Online or RSVP to our Event Coordinator, Abbie, to make sure we provide enough delicious food.
By attending a Sustainable Connections event, you are agreeing to our Events Code of Conduct.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ACCESSIBILITY CERTIFICATION PROGRAM (ACP):
An onsite evaluation will be provided annually for members in order to obtain certification. Certification will be based on the following criteria:
- Bathroom(s): There is a clear, flat path to the bathroom with access to the toilet with grab bars and locks easily reached that can be handled without twisting. Sink area is accessible.
- Entrance(s)/labeled alternate access: Anyone using a mobility aid has a clear path to the entrance, with no stairs and with a small or no gradient. The door is easily opened. If access is via an accessible alternative entrance, it is clearly labeled/unlocked.
- Seating (if any): Anyone using a mobility aid has a clear, accessible path to the seating. The tables (if any) are a typical restaurant-style, not a low coffee table or bistro-style table.
- Service(s): Anyone using a mobility aid has a clear, accessible path to the service provided. Service counters (if any) are at an accessible height for a wheelchair user.
- Closed Captioning: All motion picture sources are captioned.
BENEFITS OF CERTIFICATION:
For the community: The community will easily be able to identify which businesses are accessible to the disability community regarding mobility. This will allow many people to know where it is and is not accessible to them.
For your business: Your business will be recognized as welcoming to the disability community. Receive the program’s member-only quarterly newsletter with inclusive tips and positive press on the AbiliTrek website.