Energize Your Business!
ACT NOW! The Community Energy Challenge makes achieving energy efficiency as easy as possible. We know that rural businesses have unique needs, and that’s why we are teaming up with local organizations to help Energize businesses in rural Whatcom County. We’re bringing together energy-saving expertise and generous rebates and grants for energy efficiency and solar projects to maximize savings.
When we say we want to help you “Energize Your Business” we mean we want to make it simple and affordable for you to save energy. We provide each participant with a full energy audit and a customized energy action plan that outlines recommendations for energy-saving improvements to your business. Once you choose which improvements to complete, we can help you access rebates, grants, and exclusive incentives - including free LED lighting upgrades and cash rebates! Energize Your Business today to shrink your bills and your environmental impact.
Why Should You Energize Your Business?
It’s Smart Business
- Attract and retain employees with a comfortable and healthy workplace!
- Show your customers you care about saving energy
- Save money and energy, help your wallet, and combat climate change! WIN! WIN!
- Benefit from special incentives for rural businesses!
So Many Incentives!
- USDA Grants available that could cover 25% of solar and energy improvements for rural businesses
- Up to $5,000 in energy-saving incentives from the Community Energy Challenge – including up to $1,000 in LED light bulbs
- 26% tax credit off solar panel cost
- Low-cost energy audit fee with a special rate for rural businesses
- Rebates from local utilities
your business could be eligible for:
Federal Tax Credit
USDA Rural Energy Grant
7 Steps to Energize Your Business
1. Contact the Community Energy Challenge
We’ll get some basic info about your business and energy use and get you scheduled for an energy audit. For a one-time, deeply discounted $50 energy audit fee, you’ll have access to these benefits for life! *Energy audits are always discounted for all, but this special $50 rate is for a limited time for businesses in rural Whatcom County.
2. Complete the Energy Audit
An Energy Advisor from the Community Energy Challenge will walk through your facility with a knowledgeable staff person from your business and identify your biggest energy-saving opportunities.
3. Review the Recomendations
Meet with your Energy Advisor to discuss your final audit report, ask questions and learn more about potential costs and savings.
4. Decide to Energize!
Decide yes, no, or maybe on the solar and energy efficiency measures proposed, and count on the Community Energy Challenge to help you along the way!
5. Get Bids
The Community Energy Challenge can assist you in connecting with local contractors to get a design and quote for your chosen projects.
6. Finalize Financing
We will assist you in applying for applicable grants and rebates, including exclusive incentives from the Community Energy Challenge!
Schedule your projects and celebrate the savings!