Whatcom County Farm Tour
Discover Whatcom County Farms!
always the second Saturday in September
Saturday | September 13th | 2014
Free | Self-guided | Kids activities |
*Click here for Google Map of the Farm Tour and to plan your route*
Want to make a day out of the tour but not sure where to start? We’ve got you covered with a few different routes and itineraries to choose from!
Tweak, shorten and personalize time and locations to suit your group, bring your Eat Local Month Guide and passport to get a stamp and your ready to explore attitude.
2014 Farm Tour Stops
9 farms, 1 winery & 2 fabulous Farmers Markets
- Appel Farms + The Cheese Shop - Farm fresh cheeses, 900 cow dairy and quaint cheese shop
- BelleWood Acres – Apples, cider, distillery, train rides, and more
- Bellingham Country Gardens – Family-owned and operated flowers, veggies and spray free hand-picked berries.
- Bellingham Farmers Market – A meeting place for our farmers, locals and entrepreneurs. Fresh produce, food and crafts.
- Cascadia Mushrooms – Organically grown gourmet and medicinal mushrooms, learn what kinds they grow and how
- Cloud Mountain Farm Center – A nursery, workshop and living laboratory. Come see how they grow fruits, veggies, ornamentals and trials.
- Everybody's Store & Garden - An exotic grocery store in Van Zandt, growing fresh produce outback! Enjoy a delightful selection of cheese, wine, meats, baked goods and more.
- Ferndale Public Market - A quality, affordable and fun outdoor market with hand selected farmers, artisans and crafters!
- Heritage Lane Farm - Raising local, sustainable, pesticides free heirloom veggies, rare breed lamb and pork!
- Inspiration Farm - A beyond organic farm practicing both biodynamic methods and permaculture. Working to co-create an environment for holistic and sustainable living for trees, plants, animals, worms, bugs and humans
- Samson Estates Winery - A small family owned winery, with a wide variety of aged, artisan fruit, and dessert wines, and chocolate truffles, using Samon Farm grown berries.
- Triple Wren Farm - Committed to growing the highest quality fresh flowers and vegetables, OMRI-certified and Salmon Safe, right in the middle of Sm'apples orchard.
Pick your Tour Guide
For Farm Tour stop descriptions & map, pick up the Farm Tour & Eat Local Month Guide, available starting mid-August at the Community Food Co-op, Whatcom Farmers Co-op, Haggen stores, Bellingham & Whatcom County libraries and visitors centers, or ONLINE HERE.
Become a Farm Tour VIP!
With a minimum $25 charitable contribution, you will receive a Farm
Tour VIP bag, filled with coupons and freebies available from each of
the farm stops, a Sustainable Connections 'Where the Locals Go' Coupon
Book and more. Purchase your VIP Farm Tour pass online here or on the day of the Farm Tour at one of the stops.
A few of the VIP perks for this year: (coupons good for the day of the Farm Tour only unless otherwise noted)
- 15% off when you purchase 3 bottles of wine from Everybody' Store
- 20% off any cheese in the Cheese Shop at Appel Farms
- 10% when you purchase 1-3 bottles of wine or 15% when you purchase 4 or more bottles of wine from Samson Estates Winery
- Buy one ear of corn for the Corn Cannon and receive one free for Kids + 20% any item in the Bistro or Store (excluding alcohol) at Bellewood Acres
- 30% off Market Merchandise at the Bellingham Farmers Market
- 10% off any plant in the Nursery at Cloud Mountain Farm Center
Thank you 2014 sponsors! You support helps put the culture back in agriculture!